Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Lost Boys Poster Design



Here is the graphic art I created for The Lost Boys movie poster. Sorry about the watermarks, but work should be protected. The piece is nearing completion, still between a few different fonts, and there are some digital correction needed to be made. In my opinion, Kiefer Sutherland made that movie. He added some real depth to the piece. Even with the films jokey elements and crazy 80's mullets, Kiefer's character remained potent. I mean he was an amazing antagonist in Stand by Me and Flatliners is one of my top 10! This is why I chose to center my design around Kiefer, or in this case "David." I love the part where the boys are hanging upside down sleeping in the cave, so that is how I positioned David. The movie was shot at the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk, which added that great carnival feel! I felt that needed to be part of the poster silhouetted in the background.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this design. any chance i could buy a print of this anywhere? contact me at luvzfool3670@aol.com

    ReplyDelete