Sunday, June 20, 2010

Another Goonie Adventure



Wow, my plan to keep posting about our Goonie adventure failed when I realized there was no physical way I could keep up with all the stuff going on in Astoria. It was 4 days straight of me wearing a Sloth costume running around town taking pictures with hundreds, possibly thousands, of fellow Goonie fans. My brother, wife, and myself had the best times of our life. Seeing the Goonie house and Haystack Rock was truly inspiring and well worth the thousands of miles driven. I never would've imagined the town of Astoria to have become so saturated with the movie. I ate Goonie themed food, drank Goonie themed beer and couldn't walk into a single Astorian business without hearing something about The 25th. I felt at home and made many friends. I was blessed to have my artwork used in the event and all the positive emotions felt in this trip will fuel future works of art.

David got signed by Jeff Cohen,"Chunk," Sean Astin, "Mikey," Corey Feldman, "Mouth" Richard Donner "director," and will now retire on my coffee table until I can get the rest of the Goonies to sign him. My Sloth mask will be packed away until the Astorians decide on having a 30th, I may have kids by then, but you can damn well rest assure that they'll be well versed in the classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment